Port Aransas is a beautiful city on the water’s edge of Corpus Christi Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. It is a seaside vacation destination noted for its beautiful scenery, laid-back atmosphere, and of course, its diverse delectable culinary scene. Port Aransas offers various diners, from fresh seafood to fine dining to down-home cooking.
Discover what makes Port Aransas restaurants so unique, from casual seafood joints to hip farm-to-table restaurants, with the help of our handy guide. Let’s explore together some of the best restaurants in Port Aransas!
Top 10 Restaurants in Port Aransas, TX
1. BlueWater Cowboy Saloon & Mercantile
One of BlueWater Cowboy’s selling points is its third-floor bar and restaurant, which provides breathtaking views of the Gulf of Mexico. The bar is air-conditioned and styled like the transom of a sportfishing boat, making it a popular hangout place for their customers. An assortment of tasty appetizers and many different seafood meals complement their trendy bar’s range of alcoholic beverages, which includes craft beers, creative cocktails, and great wines.
You can’t go wrong with BlueWater Cowboy if you want a unique drinking and dining experience in Port Aransas, TX!
- Dragon Tail Roll – Spicy Tuna, Eel, Avocado, and Sesame Seeds. Topped with Sriracha and Tokubetsu sauce.
- Drum Pontchartrain – Drum filet smothered in Pontchartrain sauce and served with your personal choice of two sides.
- Po’ Boys – Fresh baked French bread with your choice of protein and served with homemade tartar sauce, Roma tomatoes, leaf lettuce, onions, and pickles.
“Excellent service. Very satisfied with our order and waiter. He made us laugh and fell like we were family. The food was phenomenal from the first rounds to the second we were very happy despite the wait. (Waited less than an hour) it gets pretty busy. Beautiful rooftop seats facing the sunset. Would go back again and again!” – Cameo McNeley
2. Port A Pizzeria
The Port A Pizzeria is an all-day buffet pizzeria with fun activities for the whole family, a laid-back vibe, flat-screen TVs, draft beer, and delicious desserts for the whole family!
If you are planning for the most fantastic family lunch while enjoying arcade games in Port Aransas, head out to Port A Pizzeria!
- Garlic Cheese Sticks – A cheesy pizza appetizer cut into strips, perfect for dipping in the included marinara sauce.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch – Grilled chicken, bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes. Ranch dressing on the side.
- Cheesecake Slice – A slice of cheesecake from the Ultimate Cheesecake Bakery. It is optionally topped with chocolate or cherries.
“Port A Pizzeria was awesome. Great tasting buffet and the soup of the day did not disappoint. I had the tomato Florentine soup and it was so good that I got two small bowls. They also had chicken noodle soup and pasta with their pizza buffet. If you can get there early and beat the crowds then I highly recommend. This establishment is always in high demand and the food speaks for itself ♡” – Eric Velasquéz.
3. Venetian Hot Plate
The Venetian Hot Plate is one of the famous restaurants in Port Aransas, TX, renowned for its delicious Italian cuisine. It has an inviting terrace, perfect for al fresco dining, a cozy bar, a comfortable setting with a themed design, and serves delectable meals made with premium ingredients.
If you want something more upscale in Port Aransas, the Venetian Hot Plate is your best bet.
- Crostini di Granchio or “Crab Crostini” – Brown butter, lemon, and sage-seasoned jumbo lump crabmeat on grilled ciabatta.
- Scaloppine Carciofi – In a rich artichoke sauce with tomato and mushrooms, this veal scaloppine is accompanied by haricot vert and roasted red potatoes.
- Fettuccine Aurora – Sautéed filet tips in a sage-tomato cream sauce with bacon, pancetta, and onions served over fettuccine.
“Wow! I chose to have my birthday dinner at Venetian Hot Plate, and I’m SO glad I did! The meal was absolutely incredible! The Caesar Salad and Crème Brûlée were the best I’ve ever had, and the duck was perfection! They really know what they’re doing here! The owners/staff also made us feel very welcome, and the service was impeccable! This will definitely be our “go to” spot when in Port A!” – Tara Hardin
4. La Playa MEXICAN GRILLE
The authentic Mexican cuisine at La Playa MEXICAN GRILLE has earned it a stellar reputation due to its diverse offerings and excellent daily specials. With over 70 different tequilas, a chill atmosphere, lovely design, catering options, and a helpful, welcoming staff, this restaurant is a must-try in Port Aransas!
- Del Mar – One enchilada de camarones and one fish taco.
- Island Nachos – Crispy chips with refried beans, taco meat, chili con queso, jalapenos, and sour cream.
“The food at this restaurant is unparalleled! The best Mexican food on the island. Do not miss out on this gem. Definitely worth the wait! Fresh food – great service! Definitely ask about specials they are FANTASTIC!” – Laney D
5. Castaway's Seafood & Grill
Castaway’s Seafood & Grill in Port Aransas is a local favorite due to its wide selection of delicious and freshly prepared seafood meals.
Their extensive menu features seafood favorites like grilled shrimp and crab legs and burgers, steaks, and salads. Don’t leave without sampling the signature seafood meals and refreshing drinks! The staff is kind and welcoming, which helps to put you in a good mood while relishing in a cozy and pleasant dining area.
Castaways is perfect for a fun night out with the whole family or a more intimate dinner for two. If you’re looking for a great meal in Port Aransas, go no further than Castaways Seafood & Grill!
- Jay’s Special – Gulf Fish blackened to perfection and topped with in-house Cajun crab cream sauce served over rice and grilled asparagus.
- Best in Paradise Cheeseburger – 1/2 lb Angus beef, cheddar cheese, sourdough bun. Cooked medium.
- Chef Adam’s Crab Pontchartrain Shrimp – 4 grilled shrimp, Pontchartrain sauce, blue crab meat, suspended butter, rice pilaf, grilled asparagus.
6. Restaurant San Juan
San Juan Restaurant is a must-visit restaurant in Port Aransas if you are craving authentic Mexican food. It is a long-time family-run business featuring a gorgeous hacienda-themed atmosphere, delicious all-day cuisine, a laid-back ambiance, and large servings.
- Mexican Omelette – Two eggs mixed over grilled and stuffed with onions, tomatoes, and cheese and served with beans and tortillas.
- Tostadas – Crispy corn tortilla and with your choice of meat, tomato, lettuce, and sour cream.
“We have now been here 3 times and loved it every time. They are super friendly, and the service is unbelievably fast!!! Their salsa is great, with just the right amount of spice. Their queso is a white queso and different than most places. We got the San Juan Burrito, quesadillas, street tacos, chicken enchiladas, and shrimp enchiladas.
Kid-friendliness: This is a super kid-friendly place with lots of food choices.” – Louanne Mason
7. FINS Grill & Icehouse
FINS Grill & Icehouse is one of the first places you’ll see when you get off the boat in Port Aransas from Aransas Pass. It sits next to Captain Kelly’s Deep Sea Headquarters, offering its diners a stunning panorama of the Port Aransas Harbor and putting them within easy walking distance of the city’s best-known sights.
It is the place to go for delicious, freshly prepared cuisine, a great time, and a breathtaking panorama in Port Aransas, TX!
- Crab Cake Sliders – Two house-made crab cakes, lettuce, tomatoes, and chipotle mayo on sourdough slider buns.
- Black & Bleu Burger – Bleu cheese, grilled onions, and crispy bacon served on a toasted sourdough bun.
- Lemon Basil Shrimp & Rice – Lightly breaded Gulf shrimp topped with lemon basil cream sauce on a bed of rice and seasonal vegetables.
“The crab stuffed fish is amazing. Full menu sold at the bar (but don’t wait to be served, talk to the bartender directly). FINS is in a nice spot, where you can watch the boats dock while you eat and drink. Plenty of parking and a great menu.” – Joseph Mackay
8. Roosevelt's at the Tarpon Inn
Restaurant critics often give excellent marks to Roosevelt’s at the Tarpon Inn. This magnificent restaurant has indoor and outdoor dining, a quaint atmosphere, and beautifully presented food. Special event menus, catering, and banquet space at the hotel are of 5-star quality.
- Spicy Seafood Pasta Medley – Jumbo shrimp, scallops, and lobster claw meat combined with our creamy roasted chipotle sauce, spinach, tomato on fettuccine, or linguini noodles garnished with fresh herbs, served with a bread stick.
- Dijon Encrusted Rack of Lamb – Dijon and herb-crusted fresh grilled rack of lamb.
- Chicken & Shrimp Involtini – Chicken breast stuffed with baby spinach and Swiss cheese, dredged in seasoned rice flour and panko, then sautéed and topped with chargrilled shrimp.
“Great atmosphere! We ate appetizers in the bar. The dining room is really nice, but we liked the open feel of the bar. Lots of great decor and comfortable seating inside, as well as lovely outdoor tables. I had the spinach salad, bacon-wrapped tenderloin (risotto was great! Another reviewer said it wasn’t…), crab cakes, and key lime parfait for dessert. This was plenty for two. Yes, it’s expensive, but the overall experience is worth it.” – Kristen Moeller
9. Black Marlin Bar & Grill
Port Aransas, TX, is home to the stunning Palmilla Beach and Golf Community, where you’ll find the Black Marlin Bar & Grill. The restaurant serves a selection of American classics and fresh seafood. It exudes a warm and welcoming vibe, making it the ideal place to get a bite and a refreshing drink while relishing the panoramic view of the beach.
- Blackened Shrimp Salad – Romaine and spring mix with avocado, pico de gallo, and corn; served with honey jalapeno ranch dressing.
- Chicken Bacon Avo Wrap – Grilled chicken breast with bacon bits, avocado slices, romaine, and garlic aioli; served with seasoned fries, sweet potato fries, or onion rings.
- Black Marlin’s Signature Tacos – A choice of mahi, shrimp, or tuna, prepared grilled, fried, or blackened, three corn tortillas with shredded cabbage and chipotle aioli with sides of mango pico de gallo, pickled red onions and apple-jicama slaw.
“This place is making my island dreams come true, one crab cake at a time! Our dinner was promptly served and the crab cakes and ahi tostadas were so tasty. The bartender was super attentive and very friendly. Thanks for the hospitality y’all!” – Jonathan Delgado
10. MacDaddy's Family Kitchen
The menu of MacDaddy’s Family Kitchen features delicious dishes with a Southern flair. Spend time with your friends while enjoying refreshing beverages. Choose from their 23 specialty beers and relax while relishing their top-rated meals made with high-quality ingredients and meats.
- Macdaddy Burger – Bed of coleslaw, 1/4 lb beef patty, pepper jack cheese, ¼ lb sliced brisket, fried onions, and jalapeños, topped with our signature spicy OG sauce.
- Fried Shrimp Platter – Saltine cracker-crusted shrimp served with french fries and coleslaw.
- Parmesan Crusted Fish – Fresh gulf fish, parmesan crusted and sauteed, served with creole butter.
“Our waitress was very attentive. Food was delicious. It was a beautiful evening for eating on the porch. The grilled fish of the day was the Mahi Mahi. Very delicious! The fried chicken is the bomb. The brisket was so good! The Mac n cheese is fabulous and would love a big bowl of it. The shrimp was fab!” – Misty Hansen
Port Aransas Seafood Restaurants
1. Seafood & Spaghetti Works
If you are planning for a seafood feast but craving something Italian at the same time, we recommend checking out Seafood & Spaghetti Works. The family-run business prides itself on its hospitable service staff and warm, inviting ambiance. It is the ideal Port Aransas restaurant if you are looking for a fun and satisfying meal. Their extensive menu offers mouthwatering steaks, flavorful pasta, delectable seafood selections, and more!
- The Giant Pasta Platter – Fettuccine Alfredo, lasagna, manicotti, and two house-made meatballs.
- Richard’s Fish – Sauteed mahi-mahi, blue crab, bacon, avocado, almonds, and wild rice.
“Family of 5 adults all loved it! Great extensive menu and nothing bad on it! It was a pretty long wait (1 hr.) for a Wednesday night at 7 pm (seasonal?) but it was still worth the wait regardless! We all highly recommend for seafood and Italian dishes. Quality and quantity (great portion size). Took leftovers back to the STR for lunch leftovers the next day. It was a bit pricey but we felt a good value considering the quality and that we got 2 meals out of it!” – Paul “Bill” Stewart
2. Trout Street Bar & Grill
The riverfront location of Trout Street Bar & Grill in Port Aransas offers breathtaking views of the marina and harbor for their customers to have a relaxing and fulfilling meal. The outdoor deck has even greater views than the inside bar, which is airy and furnished with marine furnishings.
- Fresh Fish of the Day – Redfish, snapper, or steelhead trout served with rice pilaf and vegetables. Grilled, sauteed, blackened, or garlic butter.
- Shrimp Louie – Fresh leaf greens with fresh pineapple, cantaloupe, red grapes, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, and creamy shrimp salad over half an avocado.
- Cajun Redfish – Fresh redfish blackened, grilled, or fried served over famous T.S., seafood gumbo, and rice pilaf.
“We were in Port A for the weekend so we came here for dinner. The view is gorgeous at sunset…all the boats in the harbor. And our food was good. My husband and I and my son all liked our plates. We would definitely come back again.” – Rebecca Uribe
3. Tortuga's Saltwater Grill
The freshest seafood and excellent steaks on the Gulf Coast can be found at the locally owned and managed Tortuga’s Saltwater Grill. This is an ideal place to bring large groups, with its trendy but homey setting perfect for a casually satisfying meal.
The lunch menu has crowd-pleasers like the Candied-Bacon Burger, Shrimp Tacos, and a healthy Poke Bowl that the whole family will definitely love. More options, including imaginative spins on international seafood classics, are available for dinner. You should also try something from their Cold Bar’s Seafood Tower and unwind with a bottle of wine from their vast Captain’s List!
- Shrimp and Scallops – Jumbo gulf shrimp and sea scallops on a bed of seasonal risotto served alongside a sautéed kale salad. Finished with a carrot ginger coulis.
- Seafood Pasta – An Acadiana cream sauce with caramelized onions, mushrooms, and bacon. Garnished with Gruyère cheese, green onion, and tomato.
- Southwest Bowl – Steamed rice, cabbage, green chile ranch, pico de gallo, bacon, roasted corn, cotija cheese, and avocado.
“We really enjoyed the food here and the server was very good. I started with an Angry Man Porter and my wife at the house margarita. Then we had the crab cake appetizer which was phenomenal. I had the Shrimp tacos which was a huge portion. The shrimp were nice and crispy and the fries had a really good coating on the outside. My wife had the Shrimp and Grits and said it was the best meal she’d had in the last several months. Definitely would recommend this place.” – Joel Smith.
Restaurant Week in Port Aransas
From January 20-29, Port Aransas hosts a series of events called Restaurant Week to honor the city’s thriving culinary industry. To encourage diners to explore and try various dining options, several businesses participate in Restaurant Week, offering discounts on certain menu items and other special meals.
Foodies will not want to miss this fun event in Port Aransas, TX! Celebrate the city’s vibrant culinary culture and the finest cuisine it has to offer.
From local favorites to authentic worldwide flavors, there is something to try and enjoy from the diverse selection of restaurants in Port Aransas, TX. These treasures are famous for their concentration on fresh ingredients, exquisite tastes, and pleasant service, ensuring that all guests, whether local or a tourist, will have a hearty and excellent dining experience.
If you are interested to know more about the city or would like to have a tour of the local neighborhoods in Port Aransas, TX, please feel free to reach out to one of our market specialists! You can contact us at 361-800-3691 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fishing is a popular pastime in Port Aransas, so the city is often dubbed the “Fishing Capital of Texas.”
It is also home to top-tier anglers and fishing facilities. Offshore trips, bay and channel fishing, surf casting, and fishing from illuminated public piers are all options for fishing enthusiasts.
Also, because of the fresh seafood, several restaurants offer delectable meals and hearty dishes that will fill your heart and stomach!
Port Aransas, then known as Sand Point, first appeared on a map in 1833 and originally had the name “Aranzazu,” which was later changed to Aransas through time.
South Padre is the place to go if parasailing, hiking, snorkeling, and other exciting outdoor pursuits are your cup of tea. Meanwhile, Port Aransas is the better option if you just have a few days to spend on vacation and prefer a more relaxed and laid-back atmosphere.